Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Biggest surprise

  1. #41
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest surprise

    Abingdon has 1 good year every 10...and Chilhowie is about the same...no, I'm not kidding.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #42
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest surprise

    I don't know where you get that about Chilhowie. They've been up and down a bit the past 7-8 years, but they have traditionally been strong in football. They have been overshadowed by the Maroons of George Wythe the past 10 years.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest surprise

    I never said they couldn't win 5-6 games...but take a look at their schedule and see who they've been doing it against...and then look at the losses. Chilhowie hasn't beaten a viable contender in a while. Even when they are loaded they are average.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest surprise

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 surprises to me. Not the winners,but the closeness of the scores. Pound hung much closer to Groves and Co than I expected .(glad to see that),and Haysi over Grundy by 2 TDs. Grundy is terrible. I expected one of those 44-6 type wins </div></div>

    Groves was held out the first half of play for disciplinary reasons and PH struggled. When he came in the second half they began moving the ball and scoring points.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest surprise

    Chilhowie was very good last year and return a lot. They are solid, and may win Region C. I thought they were better than GW last year myself. Abingdon's new coach has them going in the right direction and they are pretty good. Marion was a Region 4 finalist last year and isn't the patsy it once was. Battle is probably the weakest team on their schedule, followed by Sullivan Central and Honaker this year.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #46
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest surprise

    It sounds like Appy is in for a very bad season this year too though, maybe 3 for PV. Who's the 5 on Lee's? I can see the 3 or maybe 4 (Battle, North, & Harlan Ind.). (Would like to see Lee/Bell County pick back up their series along with one more tougher team for Lee to add.) Cawood's not on there, that's Harlan County. I'm holding off on them, but I'll make a good bet they won't be bad, haha.

  7. #47
    Inactive Member imported_brettc's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2007
    Posts
    267
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Biggest surprise

    I dont know anything about yates other than he hurt his are I have no idea how bad but I hope its not too bad

    without joe haysi could be in trouble

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •